Wow. Seemingly overnight the weather got just a bit warmer, the grass started to get just a little green and life suddenly got super busy. Like I mentioned the other day, just because spring is here does not mean you need to pack away the slow cooker. There are tons of great recipes to keep you cranking right on through what I’m going to guess is a busy season at your house too! And I love nothing more than giving a fresh spin to a classic recipe that be sure to keep your family on task and on time for dinner!
Middle school track in in full swing which means picking up the dude from school right at dinner time. Convenient, right? Sure is nice when I know that dinner is done and waiting for us at home! No stress if something takes a little longer or we want to run a quick errand.
You’ve gotta feel good about serving a well balanced meal like this! Protein, carbs and veggies all done in one pot! Serve it up with some crusty bread or a tossed green salad if you want a little something extra! I can promise you this was all gobbled up at our house!
- 2 pound beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons course or grainy mustard
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1½ pound gold potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- ½ of a small yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- Heat olive oil in skillet or multicooker over medium high heat
- Rub roast with thyme, dried mustard, salt and pepper
- Place roast in skillet on cook on each side for about 6-8 minutes or until browned
- Add balsamic vinegar and mustard and let cook and reduce for about 3-5 more minutes
- Transfer contents of pan to slow cooker (or switch multicooker to slow cook function)
- Add potatoes, carrots and onions and top with beef broth and fresh thyme
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!