For a simple side dish nothing beats this Roasted Corn Chopped Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette! Less than 10 ingredients and done in minutes!
Moment of truth here, do you ever spend your down time watching TV shows on the Food Network and imagining what you might make if you were the chef? I love to do this, especially when watching episodes of Chopped! While I may not be on TV, I finally got my chance to put my skills to the test, and actually, you can too! Food Network is hosting a Chopped at Home Challenge and you should totally check it out! To enter, you will just need to do what I did, and grab some delicious Del Monte Whole Kernel Corn and then let your imagination run wild! Of course, to get those creative juices flowing, there needs to be a few other ingredients, right? Beside the Del Monte® Sweet Corn, my “basket” included fresh basil, feta cheese and lemon. It didn’t take me long to decide that simple and fresh would be best, and I got to work prepping my easy to make Roasted Corn Chopped Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette. Perfect for pairing with just about any entree for the perfect simple side!
For a simple side dish nothing beats this Roasted Corn Chopped Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette! Less than 10 ingredients and done it minutes!
- 1 can Del Monte Sweet Corn
- 2 romaine hearts
- 1 shallot
- 1/4 cup slivered basil leaves
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice from one large lemon
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Drain and pat corn dry
- Add 1 tablespoon of the oil to a skillet and heat to searing hot
- Add corn carefully and let roast in skillet for 6-8 minutes, stirring only occasionally, until it develops a nice brown caramelization
- Remove from heat and let cool
- Finely chop romaine lettuce and add to large bowl along with thinly sized shallots and crumbled feta
- Add cooled corn
- Whisk together lemon juice, mustard, honey and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to make the dressing
- Drizzle on salad as desired and toss
- Serve immediately