Need a quick fix and no fuss meal in a pinch? 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Lasagna is about as easy as it gets and it’s a meal the whole family will love!
It’s really as simple as knowing your favorite pasta sauce and dinner will be done with very little effort. Is it a cheater kind of meal? Sure. I know it’s not so much a recipe as a meal idea. But I also know that many of you are like me and it pains you to spend a pretty penny eating out only because you didn’t have time to make dinner. Having to go to items on hand (only 3!!) makes this a dish that can serve as a backup on a busy day or even a yummy treat when everyone wants lasagna. They don’t have to know it was easy!
Use no boil noodles, a carton of ricotta and your favorite sauce for layers and layers of cheesy goodness. I love a tomato basil sauce and the fresh flavor works really well in this simple dish.
I layered this up in my casserole crock which cooks lasagna perfectly for me every time. I’ve also done them in my oval crocks too and it works very well, you just have to break up the noodles to fit. Either way, get these few ingredients and make yourself a meal that will be better, easier and so much cheaper than takeout!!
- 9 oz oven ready lasagna noodles
- 44oz jar pasta sauce (I used tomato basil)
- 3 cups (around 26 oz) ricotta cheese (I purchased a 32oz container and have a bit left)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, optional
- Spray crock with non-stick spray if desired
- Add 1 cup of sauce and spread over bottom of slow cooker
- Add three noodles on top of sauce
- Top with about ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- Top with ½ - ¾ cup sauce (depending on how saucy you like it)
- Repeat with noodles, ricotta and sauce 3 more times
- Top with 3 final noodles and one more cup of sauce
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6
Note: This works best in a Slow Cooker Casserole Crock but can also be made in another 4 quart or larger slow cooker. The noodles will need to be broken to fit.
Slow Cooker Gourmet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you purchase a product through this link I will earn a small commission. As always, I only recommend products I use and love!
Want more lasagna recipes?