Simplicity rules! At least in this case keeping the ingredients few and the preparation minimal yields amazing results. Slow cooked and glazed in a simple peach and butter sauce, these pork chops are a family favorite yet something I would be proud to serve to dinner guests too! Tender, juicy and flavorful, these chops go perfectly with so many different sides. My personal favorite veggie to serve them with is Brussels Sprouts but you could serve them along with some peas instead. I think they just look especially fancy along side a green veggie!
I used a boneless skinless pork loin chop but these would also be especially delicious with a bone-in chop or a thick cut chop. Not to mention they would look even more beautiful being presented to guests. Now I just need to find someone to come to dinner so that I can make these again!
You will start out by melting a little butter in a hot skillet until it starts to bubble and foam and then until it just starts to turn brown. Then you simply whisk in the peach preserves and seasoning and that’s it! Pour this over the chops in the slow cooker and it’s hands off the rest of the day!
- 4-6 boneless pork loin chops (about 1.5 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup peach preserves (no sugar added)
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a skillet over medium high heat melt the butter and whisk occasionally until it starts to bubble and foam
- Continue whisking until it just starts to develop little brown flecks, add seasonings and then remove from heat
- Continue to whisk and let it cool for 1-2 minutes
- Whisk in preserves until smooth (May be a little chunky with fruit from preserves)
- Place chops in slow cooker and pour sauce over them
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!