This recipe will blow your mind 🤯. Only 3 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time and you’ll have the most flavorful meal yet! This Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken is not only easy, it’s rich, flavorful and amazing!
Yes, I’ve heard it before. Chicken breasts in the slow cooker are: boring, bland, dry, gross, etc. Thankfully, my job is to fix that! This Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken is very likely not only the easiest recipe you will make but also one of the most delicious!
Utilizing the Moroccan Spice Blend that you were smart and savvy enough to spend 5 minutes making ahead of time, this recipe involves adding just 3 ingredients to your slow cooker and walking away!
You can prep it up ahead of time and even save leftovers for lunch or dinner later on. Easy to scale the recipe to serve your needs and family friendly!
How to make moroccan chicken in the slow cooker:
- Cut chicken into bit sized pieces and add to slow cooker (tip: to save time you can add them whole and shred when done cooking instead)
- Add 2 tablespoons of the moroccan spice blend (adjust to taste)
- Add canned fire-roasted tomatoes
- Stir, cover and cook!
Can this moroccan chicken be a freezer meal?
Yes! Simply add ingredients to a zipper bag instead of the slow cooker. Remove air and seal up tight. Don’t forget to label!
You can store this in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to cook, please thaw overnight in the fridge first.
Can I freeze leftovers?
Yes! Add to a freezer safe container in individual portions. Remove air and store in freezer for up to three months. Thaw, heat and serve!
Note… if you made this as a freezer meal the first time, please don’t re-freeze for best food safety practices.
I love serving Moroccan Chicken with rice or quinoa and a dollop of greek yogurt (or sour cream works too!). What twist would you put on serving up this recipe? Leave me a comment below and let me know!
Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken
- 2 quart slow cooker
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir to combine
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- adjust spice amount to preference
- time saving tip: add chicken whole and shred when done cooking
- make this a freezer meal by adding ingredients to zipper bag and store in freezer up to 3 months. Thaw before cooking.
- Feel free to sub store bought Moroccan Seasoning Blend if available