Slow Cooker Mexican Lasagna
Mexican Lasagna combines two of your favorite food groups into one satisfying and easy meal! The flavor combos are unreal and using your slow cooker is a genius way to make this updated comfort food a new family favorite!
- 1 pound hamburger
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or you can use 1 package taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 8 oz oven ready lasagna noodles
- 4 soft taco flour tortillas
- 16 oz fresh salsa
- 15.5 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheese blend
Brown ground beef in skillet over medium high heat and drain off excess grease
Stir in taco seasoning and water and let simmer for 3-4 minutes, remove from heat and set aside
In a 9x13 casserole dish start by spreading ¼ cup salsa on bottom
Top with 3 ½ lasagna noodles, ½ cup ricotta cheese, ¼ of the taco meat, ¼ cup beans, ½ cup corn, and ¼ cup salsa
Repeat a second layer using 2 tortillas instead of lasagna noodles
Repeat each of these layers again then finish off with lasagna noodles
Top it all off with remaining ½ cup salsa and 2 cups shredded cheese
Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2 ½ to 3 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted
- I made this in my 4 quart casserole slow cooker.
- You may need to adjust your layers accordingly if you use a different size/shape slow cooker. Adjust cooking time slightly if you add additional layers. I suggest at least a 4-5 quart slow cooker for this recipe.
- You can cook in the oven instead if desired. Either cook the lasagna noodles in advance or use oven ready. Follow recommended cooking times on noodle package.
Calories: 595kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 1046mg | Potassium: 771mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 752IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 364mg | Iron: 4mg