Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles
If you love the traditional comfort food of Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodles but want to make it even a little more rich and hearty try Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles!
- 2 pound chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon herb and garlic seasoning
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup cornstarch whisked with equal amount of water
- 16 oz reames noodles
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Season roast and place in slow cooker
Add broth and cover and cook on low for at least 8 hours or until roast is fall apart fork tender
Shred beef and add cornstarch slurry, noodles and cream to slow cooker
Turn to high heat and cover and allow to cook for another 30-40 minutes, stirring a few times, until noodles are cooked and sauce is thick.
I don't recommend cooking this recipe on high heat except for the final portion to cook the noodles.
If noodles are not done or sauce is too thick, additional broth can be added, 1/2 cup at a time.
To make in Instant Pot:
- Add the beef, seasoning and broth to the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 75 minutes
- Allow the pressure to release naturally then stir in the cornstarch mixture and cream and allow to thicken
- Cook the noodles separately and add
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 324mg | Potassium: 464mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 3.5mg