Slow Cooker Spicy Taco Casserole
With simple ingredients you are likely to have on hand and just a few minutes of prep time, you can have this family friendly, delicious casserole waiting for you when you walk in the door after a long day! Imagine melty cheese and tasty veggies in this simple vegetarian casserole!
Servings 6 people
- 6 oz about half a bag tortilla chips, gently crushed
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes drained
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 8 oz can enchilada sauce
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 2 cups shredded cheese
Spray crock with nonstick spray
Mix all ingredients in a separate bowl, holding back 1 cup of shredded cheese
Place mixture in crock and top with remaining shredded cheese
Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours
- To make ahead add all ingredients to freezer bag and store in freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw before cooking.
- To make spicy, leave seeds in jalapeño or use canned jalapeños.
- For best results, shred cheese from block instead of using pre-shredded cheese.
- Use a mini casserole slow cooker or other 3 quart oval slow cooker
- If using a larger slow cooker reduce cooking time
Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 1198mg | Potassium: 545mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1925IU | Vitamin C: 64.8mg | Calcium: 315mg | Iron: 3.6mg