The Best Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
How to make the best slow cooker pulled pork! The perfect homemade spice blend makes it great for sandwiches, tacos and more!!
- 4 pound pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons paprika (try smoked paprika for more of that smoked flavor)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup water
Mix together all of the dried spices and rub into all sides of the pork
Place vinegar and water in bottom of slow cooker
Carefully add pork (so you don't wash off spices)
Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours
Remove pork and shred (remove any large fatty pieces and discard)
Add juices from slow cooker as desired
- Add extra kick: save a bit (don't overdo it) of seasoning and toss it with cooked pulled pork.
- For brown, crispy ends, put shredded meat on foil lined baking sheet and broil for a couple of minutes in the oven (watch carefully!)
- Shred meat with 2 forks, potato masher, shredder claws, or electric mixer.
- If meat is difficult to shred, it's not done yet. Put it back in the slow cooker for a bit longer.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 266mg | Potassium: 351mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1.4mg