Having a good relationship with your local meat market can be a great way to purchase quality meats, but if you are looking for the perfect balance of quality and value you should try Zaycon Fresh! I’ve been purchasing meat from Zaycon Fresh for over a year now and couldn’t be happier with all of the meat we’ve purchased.
Note: I am an affiliate for Zaycon Fresh and will earn a fee for each new customer, but please know I’ve been using their products for over a year before deciding to share them with you to ensure that I only promote products I use for my family and believe in.
If there’s two things that are important to me when it comes to running my household, it’s that I don’t like to waste time and I don’t like to waste money. I always knew buying meat at the grocery store was expensive, but I didn’t know of many other options. Then, last year when I was at a conference, I learned about Zaycon Fresh and actually ended up with a credit to try out their products. It didn’t take long for me to use up that credit and to keep coming back to purchase more, I really love their stuff!
I’ve been ordering for a year, and have tried everything from chicken, to ground beef, to steak and shrimp and salmon and ground turkey, and best of all… bacon! We have loved and used every single things I’ve bought and continued to place orders once each was gone.
When I shared my pickup the other day on Instagram, everyone was curious and wanted to know more!! So, I’m finally writing up this post for any of you that might be interested in buying meat in bulk from Zaycon Fresh too!
How buying meat from Zaycon Fresh works:
- You will sign up as a customer and search by zip code to find upcoming products available in your area.
- Pay attention to the prices and quantity of meat you are ordering (and consider splitting with a friend or neighbor!)
- Watch your emails for sales, they will often have additional discounts even though their prices are already awesome.
- Place your order and you will get a reminder with instructions on how to pick up at your local delivery spot.
- Keep in mind pickups are during a 30 minute window, so make sure to keep an eye on that as well to make sure you or someone you trust can pick up your order.
The only thing I purchased that wasn’t prefaced was the chicken breast, so keep that in mind and read the descriptions carefully when you buy so that you will know if any work will be involved on your part.
Have I saved money buying from Zaycon Fresh?
Yes!!! Price per pound is one obvious consideration and I will give you some examples below. Another factor to consider in whether you will save money is ensuring you will use what you buy! Package and store it well and plan out your meals to make sure you are cooking from home and using the meat you buy in your recipes!! This may mean you need to think ahead to thaw something out, but in my mind, that’s a small price to pay for saving actual dollars.
- 93% lean ground beef – my most recent purchase and it game prepackaged in one pound vacuum sealed bags. I paid $3.11 per pound vs. $5.34 (the current price at my local Walmart)
- Thick cut bacon – comes in 1.5 pound vacuum sealed packages. Zaycon Fresh price $2.99 per pound vs. $5.99 per pound at Walmart
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts (I had to package these myself into freezer bags) $1.51 per pound vs. $4.24
Anyway, you get the idea. You can shop, watch for coupons and compare prices to your local markets.
Other products I’ve purchased from Zaycon Fresh:
- Ribeye and KC strip steaks – individually vacuum sealed! My kids love steak and now it’s affordable for a weeknight dinner
- Ground Turkey – probably the most used meat in our house, we go through this quickly!
- Center cut pork chops – also individually packaged and these are perfectly sized and very tender
- Chicken thighs – we don’t use a ton of these, but it’s nice for changing things up sometimes
- Shrimp – the best shrimp I’ve been able to purchase here in Kansas!
You also might find this video helpful if you have questions, or, of course, check out their website or leave a comment here and I’ll try and help you get it answered!!!
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!