Slow Cooker Butter Chicken
If you need a magical family recipe that will make dinner disappear at your house, look no further than this delicious Slow Cooker Butter Chicken! Amazingly fast and easy to prepare and packed full of flavor!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ sweet yellow onion diced
- 3 teaspoons jarred minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 14.5 oz can coconut milk
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream for later
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
Add all ingredients except cream and rice into slow cooker and stir to combine
Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
Stir in heavy cream and return cover to let it heat through while you make the rice
Cook rice according to package directions
Serve rice topped with chicken and with a side of naan if desired
- This is not spicy at all. If you'd like some spice, go for it by adding some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
- To make it vegetarian, you can swap out the chicken for chickpeas.
- To make this dairy free, you can leave out the cream and butter (yes, it is still very tasty that way!)
Calories: 498kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 630mg | Potassium: 872mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 850IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2.6mg