Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
My family declares this the best turkey they've ever had. Only 4 ingredients and your slow cooker for the most juicy delicious turkey of your life! Serve this up for Thanksgiving or any family dinner and never stress over turkey again.
- 3 pound boneless turkey breast previously frozen, thawed
- 2 cups turkey broth sub chicken broth if you can't find turkey
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon jarred minced garlic
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
Fully thaw turkey according to package directions
Remove package and netting and lay flat in bottom of slow cooker
Add turkey broth
Cut onion into rings and layer over top
Add minced garlic
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours and don't open the lid!
Carefully remove fully cooked turkey to platter and let rest while making gravy
Strain all liquid from slow cooker into a saucepan
Whisk together 1/4 cup of cornstarch with 1/4 cup water until smooth and then whisk into pan drippings
Bring to a simmer while whisking for about 5 minutes or until thickened
Slice turkey and serve with gravy
- To give turkey a crispy skin finish, line broiler pan with foil and place turkey on it skin side up. Broil in oven for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Watch it closely so it doesn't burn.
- Slice your onions and lay over the top, the flavor will seep down into the turkey along with the garlic
- You can slice the turkey or break it into chunks
- Turkey is cooked when the breast meat reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees F.
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 506mg | Potassium: 456mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 5.9mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg