Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
You are only 5 ingredients away from a meal that tastes way to gourmet to come from your slow cooker, but it does! Easy to make and sure to make the whole family happy!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon herb and garlic seasoning
- 1/4 cup diced sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup tomato basil pasta sauce
Add chicken to slow cooker and sprinkle with seasoning
Top with diced tomatoes and peppers
Carefully spoon sauce over each piece of chicken
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
Optional: Top with parmesan or goat cheese if desired and leave cover on for 15 minutes for cheese to melt before serving
- To keep the sauce from burning while cooking all day, be sure to wipe any excess from the edges of the slow cooker
- You could also substitute jarred roasted red pepper for fresh bell pepper
- I served this over Banza pasta but use any pasta, rice, or veggie you love!
- I make this is my mini casserole slow cooker but any oval or rectangle slow cooker should work.
- Let leftovers cool completely then store in air tight containers in fridge up to 3 days
Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 472mg | Potassium: 796mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 742IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 3mg