Slow Cooker Herb Crusted Pork Roast
Only 6 ingredients needed for this simple yet delicious Slow Cooker Herb Crusted Pork Roast! Tender and delicious with a quick and easy mushroom gravy!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pound boneless pork shoulder picnic roast
- 2 tablespoons herb and garlic seasoning or other favorite seasoning blend
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 oz sliced baby portobello mushrooms
Melt butter and olive oil in skillet over medium high heat
Rub pork with seasoning and add to hot pan
Sear for 4-5 minutes on each side until browned
Add to slow cooker along with broth and mushrooms
Cook on low for 8-9 hours until internal temperature of pork reaches 205 degrees
- To make gravy, pour drippings into saucepan or turn multi cooker to stovetop setting and simmer while stirring in a slurry made by whisking 3 tablespoons of cornstarch with an equal amount of water.
- I recommend using a meat thermometer to monitor done temperature of meat for best results. I use this thermometer with great results.
Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 550mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg