Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Enchiladas
Using prepared ingredients saves you time when making these delicious Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Enchiladas! They only take about 10 minutes to assemble in your slow cooker for a delicious meat-free meal!
- 14.5 oz canned diced tomatoes drained
- 15 oz canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 12 oz frozen or fresh cubed butternut squash
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese or use softened regular cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas (soft taco sized) or 4 large flour tortillas or 12 corn tortillas
- 12 oz enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
Mix together tomatoes, beans, squash, cream cheese and spices in a bowl
Spread ½ cup of enchiladas sauce on bottom of slow cooker
Divide filling equally among tortillas and place seam side down in slow cooker (you can stack if necessary)
Top with remaining sauce and cheese
Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6
- This recipe works best with a casserole slow cooker, however, you can stack the enchiladas in any 6 quart or larger oval slow cooker as well. If stacking, be sure to allow extra time for squash to fully cook.
- If stacking, add cheese in last hour due to the extra cooking time so that the cheese does not burn
- You can use any prepared enchilada sauce you prefer or you can make my homemade sauce. My personal favorite jarred sauce is from Trader Joe's. Sprouts also makes a delicious sauce but it is a bit spicy.
- You can use fresh or frozen butternut squash, but look for some that is already cubed if you use fresh. No need to spend time cutting. Most grocery stores have a section where you can choose prepared produce.
- I always suggest grating your own cheese from a block. This will ensure there are not any anti-caking agents which can impact the taste and texture of the cheese. It only takes a minute to grate up some cheese using a box grater.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 995mg | Potassium: 504mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5295IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 175mg | Iron: 3.4mg