Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Chili in the slow cooker is always delicious, but there's something extra special about Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili!
Servings 4 1 ½ cup bowls
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 15 oz canned navy beans drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese
Add all ingredients except for cream cheese
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
After cooking, remove chicken and shred
Temper cream cheese with a little of the hot broth in a separate bowl until smooth, then add back the chicken and cream cheese mixture to slow cooker.
Use a whisk to stir well. This will require a fair amount of stirring to fully combine cream cheese. If it still seems separated, you are not done stirring.
Serve topped with cheese, fresh cilantro, sour cream or as desired.
- For a dairy free option you can use a dairy free cream cheese like Miyoko's or Kite Hill
- Be sure to temper the cream cheese to ensure it doesn't separate
- Leftover chili keeps well in fridge up to 3 days. This chili does not freeze well.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 1433mg | Potassium: 1002mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 785IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 3mg