Slow Cooker Salt and Spice Rubbed Sweet Potatoes
Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes are quick and easy with no oven required! Add to slow cooker and come home to hot baked sweet potatoes ready to eat. So much easier than cooking in the oven, make these simple healthy sweet potatoes as a delicious side or weekly meal prep.
Servings 4 people
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup water
Scrub sweet potatoes clean and pierce several times on each side with fork
Give each potato a very light coating of olive oil, use your hand to rub evenly on each potato
Mix together salt and herbs and coat each potato evenly
Add water to bottom of slow cooker
Place potatoes in slow cooker
Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 (adjust depending on the size of your potato, the bigger the longer it will take to cook) until fork tender
- you want just enough water to cover bottom of slow cooker so that any dripping from the oil and spice won't burn. Too much and you will have steamed instead of baked potatoes.
- Feel free to swap out seasonings for any you prefer, or leave them off.
- To freeze leftovers, remove peel and mash. Store in airtight container or baggie up to 3 months.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 3614mg | Potassium: 447mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 18690IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1.1mg