Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
A family tradition for generations, this Slow Cooker Creamed Corn recipe is perfect for any holiday meal! Only 5 ingredients and your slow cooker make this recipe so easy, you'll never use canned creamed corn again!
- 16 oz package frozen corn
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Add all ingredients to slow cooker
Set on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-4 hours. Once it starts to warm up, give it a little stir a few times to ensure it all melts together.
Stir well before serving and set to keep warm or turn off slow cooker to keep it from scorching
- I don't recommend cooking this on high if you won't be around at all to stir it. It could end up scorching a bit on the sides.
- For this recipe using the correct size of slow cooker is important. As written you will need a 1 1/2 - 2 quart slow cooker. To double you can use up to a 3 quart and to quadruple you can use a 5-6 quart.
- Use whipped cream cheese if you would like this recipe to cook faster
- Make sure to buy a high quality frozen corn that is labeled as sweet or super sweet
- You can customize the recipe by using a flavored cream cheese like chive or jalapeño
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 384mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 774IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg