Having the girls over to play Bunco? Hosting a Super Bowl party? Sure…serving regular old cold cuts is easy. But why not impress?!? Take a few extra minutes to throw these together and have some awesome sandwiches!!!
I don’t know what it is about making meatballs in the crockpot, but it always works better for me than the oven. These were super moist even though they sat in the crockpot on warm for a couple hours before dinner time. The trick that I have found to getting the meatballs to brown up and hold their shape in the crockpot is to be sure and give them plenty of space. Here’s what they looked like in my crockpot:
- 1 lb ground turkey I prefer the mix with some dark meat
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 oz herbed goat cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Spray your crock with nonstick spray or rub with a little olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl
- Get your hands all gooey and mix everything together, but don't overdo it or the meat will get tough
- Form them into 1" round balls and carefully place them in the crock so that they are not touching
- Cook on high for 2-4 hours or low for 4-6
Use dried Italian Seasoning in place of thyme, oregano, and sage if that's what you have on hand. Add in a tablespoon of dried parsley if you have it for an extra pop of color.
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!