How about some cake that’s not overly sweet? How about some cake that will make your entire house smell amazing for a good 3 or 4 hours? How about some cake that tastes really good? Slow Cooker Toffee Cake is super simple to make and perfect for a play date or after dinner dessert. This only took a me few minutes to put together. I was thinking that since I put it in the crockpot it would come out more like cookies, but it really was a cake! It reminded me of the texture of coffee cake.
I put this in the slow cooker right before lunch. Then we went about our business of play time, nap time, and cleaning the house time. Exciting (not!) day around here! But it was awesome that when that mid-afternoon slump hit we had some sweets to pump us up again!
You need to use more of an oval or longer shaped crockpot with this. If you tried to use a round one your cake would be too thick and wouldn’t cook in the middle. Also keep an eye on the cooking time. Mine took a little less than 3 hours but my crock cooks pretty hot. I usually do my crockpot “baking” on high. If you try this on low you will have to let me know if it works. Serve this up with a tall frosty glass of milk for a delicious afternoon treat!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup dry milk powder
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 1 bag Heath Toffee Bits
- Spray crock well with nonstick spray
- In large mixing bowl sift together dry ingredients
- Add remaining ingredients except toffee and mix well until there are no more lumps
- Carefully mix in entire bag of toffee bits
- Spread mixture into crock as evenly as you can (it will be thick)
- Cook on high for 2-4 hours until edges start to harden and the center comes out clean when you poke it.
- Let cool for about 1 hour then remove from crock and slice
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!