Ooey, gooey, and right out of the crockpot! Oh boy, these are rich and chocolatey and marshmallowey….. those probably aren’t even real words but yum! I think it’s safe to say we will be eating a few batches of these over Christmas break. The kids can even help me make these Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Brownies because there is no oven to babysit, everything just goes right in the slow cooker!
You know how brownies need to be just the right amount of gooey but not so much that they aren’t done? Well, if you’ve read my other posts, like this one, about baking then you know I’m not really on a best friend basis with my oven. But I put these brownies in the crockpot and they came out perfectly!
These would make a fun and easy Christmas dessert. Put them in before dinner and then they will be hot and melty and ready to go while you are watching the Polar Express. Scoop them into bowls and serve with a little mug of warm milk….soooo good! Or let them sit for about an hour to cool and you can cut them up into pretty bars and serve them to company. But seriously, if you want to dig right in…no judging here! It may have happened a bit at our house too. Way to hard to resist!
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 packet hot cocoa mix
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Generously spray the crock with cooking spray
- In medium bowl sift together flour, cocoa mix, cocoa, and baking powder
- In large bowl mix together sugar, butter, egg, vanilla and salt
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and carefully stir until smooth but don't overmix
- Carefully spread the batter evenly into the crock (it will be pretty thick)
- Spoon the marshmallow creme over the batter then run a knife through to swirl it all together
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top
- Cook on high for about 3 hours until the edges start to harden and the center starts to set
- Let sit for an hour to cool, then cut into bars (if you can wait that long!)
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!