Need to upgrade your brunch game without upgrading the amount of work? This Slow Cooker Denver Omelette Casserole will be your new best friend! Throw this together in minutes in your slow cooker for a quick and tasty meal perfect for entertaining, meal prep or even dinner!
As much as I love to cook, making breakfast usually feels like a chore. So I’m usually looking for ways to shortcut the process and still end up with delicious results.
Most breakfast recipes, like this Denver Omelette Casserole only take a few hours to cook, so they are perfect if you get up early for a little quiet time and can toss this together.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- frozen shredded hash browns
- cooked ham (leftover or lunchmeat is fine)
How to Make Denver Omelette Casserole in the Slow Cooker:
This is a super easy, layer up recipe that doesn’t require any additional cooking.
- Chop up the onions and peppers
- Dice up the ham
- Mix up the eggs
- Layer everything in the slow cooker!
Note: I like to add about half of the egg mixture, then top with the veggies and ham and then top with remaining egg so that the filling ends up more in the middle.
Best Slow Cooker for this Recipe
Any oval or rectangle slow cooker should work. I have not tried this with a round slow cooker. I used my 2.5 quart mini casserole slow cooker which was perfect.
If you use a 4-6 quart slow cooker you’ll need to reduce the cooking time as it may cook faster.
Can this be Prepped Ahead?
This makes a great meal prep recipe! I like to cook this up on the weekend and serve it up for my kiddos breakfast all week. Simply slice and store in an airtight container in fridge.
Reheat for 30-60 seconds per slice in microwave or until heated through.
It’s also possible to prep this up the night before and cook in the morning. Feel free to layer it all in the slow cooker liner and refrigerate overnight.
Be sure to remove the liner and let set out at least an hour before putting in the slow cooker to heat.
Can you Freeze Leftovers?
Yes. I suggest wrapping individual slices and storing in a freezer bag. Defrost in microwave then heat through to serve.
Slow Cooker Denver Omelette Casserole
- 5-6 oz frozen shredded hashbrowns
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 4 oz diced ham (I just used lunch meat!)
- 4 oz shredded cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray
- Spread hashbrowns evenly across bottom of slow cooker
- Drizzle with melted butter
- Beat together eggs and milk with salt and pepper and pour half of the mixture over the top
- Sprinkle peppers, onions, and ham evenly over the top of the hashbrowns
- Top with remaining egg mixture
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of all of it
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours
- If using a 4 quart or larger slow cooker, reduce cooking time as it will cook faster
- You can make up the night before and cook in the morning. Make sure your slow cooker liner sits out to come to room temp before heating in slow cooker to prevent damage
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months
- I recommend wrapping slices individually before freezing
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!