This dish is not authentic in any way, shape or form. I’ve just recently tried Indian foods and Thai foods in the last year that include curry and I am obsessed with how amazing they are! I would love to learn more about how to make these dishes for real but for now I will settle for going out to eat at our favorite restaurants or bringing home takeout. That being said, this was an easy and fun way to get a little of the flavors with the curry and coconut milk on an eat at home kind of night.
It was kind of a spur of the moment decision to make this for dinner. I had nothing planned and was sitting here looking at ideas online when I saw the clock and realized we needed to book it out the door to get little miss to preschool on time.
I wanted to take full advantage of my two hours and accomplish going to the store, getting home to put the groceries away, getting dinner going in the crockpot, not to mention cleaning up the mess. So I gave it my best shot by zipping through the store trying to think about what I could throw together that would (fingers-crossed!) taste good!
I was pretty pleased with how it turned out! The flavors were subtle and I decided not to go spicy at all. I steamed up some rice and served this in bowls with the meatballs and plenty of the sauce poured over all of it to soak into the rice. Yum!
I also added sweet potatoes to get some additional veggie power in there as well as add some thickness and texture. It really mellows out the curry flavor without being sweet. Another all in one bowl dinner success!
- For Meatballs:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley or cilantro would be good too!
- For sauce:
- 13.5 oz coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream for later
- And don't forget:
- 1 medium to large sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1/2 medium yellow or white onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a mixing bowl combine meatball ingredients and mix with your hands until well combined
- Form meatballs about the size of ping pong balls and place in single layer in crock (I used an oval 5 quart)
- In another bowl mix all sauce ingredients except heavy cream and pour carefully over meatballs
- Add cubed sweet potatoes and onions and top with buttter
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 until meatballs are cooked through
- Add heavy cream and stir to combine
- Serve over rice or as desired
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!