File this with the super easy to make, warm bowl in your hand, comfort food meals. Creamy polenta slow cooked all day with sweet crisp corn and delicious cheese. Top it all off with shrimp marinated in chili, garlic, and lime. A perfect blend of spicy and flavorful with creamy and rich. Perfect for the whole family!
For another great start to summer be sure to check out Slow Cooker Corn on the Cob!!
Slow Cooker Creamy Polenta with Chili Lime ShrimpPrint Pin Rate
- For Polenta:
- 2 cups cornmeal or polenta
- 8 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons salt (plus more to taste if desired)
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar (for later)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (for later)
- For Shrimp:
- 1 pound thawed small raw shrimp (peeled, deveined and tail-off)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Add cornmeal to crockpot
- Bring 8 cups water to boil and pour over cornmeal
- Add frozen corn and salt
- Stir well to combine
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Stir in cheese and let sit on warm while making the shrimp, add additional salt to taste if desired
- In small bowl combine shrimp and remaining ingredients, tossing to coat
- Let marinate in fridge for 10-15 minutes
- Heat skillet over medium high heat and add shrimp in single layer
- Cooked until lightly browned on each side and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side
- Serve cooked shrimp over polenta
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!