I’ve had some requests for a dinner time version of the Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Spaghetti I made here……and guess what?!? I am delivering!!! Several of you asked how you could convert the recipe and I couldn’t answer because I made, tested, and wrote that recipe specifically for the Crock-Pot Lunch Crock. So I put my regular old crockpot to the test and recruited my recipe tasters…umm, I mean my family… to try out the newest version! And it was just as creamy and tasty and best of all just about as easy to make as the first!
I had a super busy Sunday and needed to make something that wouldn’t need much of my time. I was invited to church with a great friend and only had an hour after I got home to eat lunch, change clothes, and leave to go and meet my friends for our training run. I threw the first set of ingredients in the crock and was out the door on time!
By the time I got home I was completely exhausted! Good thing dinner was already mostly done! You add the pasta and the cheeses at the end for about 30-60 minutes. I was able to add those while I cleaned up the kitchen and played with my daughter for a few minutes. I also washed up and chopped some lettuce for a salad to go with our pasta!
This dish met with the approval of everyone in the family, even the two year old. And let me tell you, she has been super picky lately. I was doing a little dance that she actually ate dinner with no coercing or convincing required!
You only need a short list of ingredients to make this recipe which makes it a bonus for busy days! And since you add the pasta at the end this is a good one to put in the slow cooker when you have to be away for work all day too!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used one really big one!)
- 1 shallot, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 16 oz spaghetti noodles, uncooked
- 8oz cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used a cheddar, colby, and monterey jack blend)
- Add the chicken breast, shallot, garlic, salt, pepper and broth to the crock
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8
- Shred chicken breast and return to crock
- Break uncooked noodles in half and add to crock along with cream cheese and shredded cheese
- Give it a stir and replace cover and let it cook for another 30-60 minutes until noodles are done (add another ½ cup water or broth if necessary)
- Stir everything to combine and serve immediately
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!