It’s hard to imagine that just a couple of weeks ago we were cozied up with steaming bowls of chowder and had the fire place working full-time. The weather the last couple of weeks has been amazing, and especially this last weekend it was insane. More like late spring than the middle of February. We even made a trip to the zoo on Saturday and it was crazy how many people were there in short sleeves and even shorts. I could get pretty used to it, but unfortunately for me, I’m sure it’s bound to turn cold and snowy at some point considering spring is still a few weeks away.
I guess if we do have to start dealing with the cold again, at least having some spicy chowders on hand will at least ease the blow. You know I’ve got plenty of these recipes ready for you, as evidenced by all of my posts lately containing some form of soup, stew or chili.
I always love the combo of spicy and sweet and this chowder pairs the two perfectly. Sweet potatoes and sweet corn along with chipotle chili powder make for a ton of flavor. Plus chicken thighs and just a little cream for a ton of richness.
Whether your weather is warm or cold, this soup is sure to spice up your week 😉
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pound sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn kernels
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Add all ingredients except cream to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Remove chicken once fully cooked and shred
- Return to slow cooker along with cream and let heat through for 15 more minutes
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!