I am getting so excited for the holiday season!! Not only is it such a fun time to catch up with friends and family, but it’s also a fun time to eat all of our favorite recipes that we wait all year for, and better yet, to try out some new ones. One side dish recipe that my family has made for pretty much every holiday since I can remember is cream cheese corn, but last year my mom decided it was time to mix it up a little and made a corn casserole instead. The other day we got to chatting and planning our Christmas Dinner (yes, already, this stuff is important!) and she gave me some ideas how how she thought it would be even better, including just the right type of cheese we needed to make it over-the-top delicious.
Challenge accepted and I got to work! I had to get this perfected in time for all of you to add to your Thanksgiving menu, right? It was tough I tell you, we had to have a practice run of Thanksgiving Dinner at our house, but we powered through. And I think we found a new side dish that will become the new obsession for years to come.
Sweet corn and sweet peppers are the perfect start to this creamy casserole. I also added a jalapeño pepper for a tiny bit of spice, but feel free to leave it out as well.
Plenty of cream and just a couple of eggs and a small amount of light and fluffy panko breadcrumbs to create a creamy smooth casserole rather than a cakey one.
And of course, and obviously, cheese!!! Lots and lots of cheese is never a bad thing and this creamy casserole can handle plenty! I used a blend of Marble Jack and Pepper Jack from Crystal Farms to create that melty, smooth and packed with cheese deliciousness! I just love Crystal Farms Cheese because it’s always delicious, it’s a natural product with few preservatives, and it always makes my recipes taste amazing. And that’s why I’m also super excited that a product I use and love is not only sponsoring this post, but offering the chance for one of you to win some really cool Crate & Barrel items! I love it when I not only get to share a favorite recipe with all of you, but I get the chance to give one of you some cool goodies to help you with your holiday entertaining too! (Don’t forget to head all the way to the end of the post to get registered)
- 32 oz frozen sweet corn
- 4 mini sweet peppers, any color
- 1 jalapeno pepper, optional
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 oz Crystal Farms Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- 4 oz Crystal Farms Marble Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Crystal Farms Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Add corn to slow cooker (a casserole style slow cooker works best for this recipe)
- Remove ribs and seeds from peppers and dice
- Add peppers to corn in slow cooker and then add breadcrumbs, flour, sugar and seasonings and toss to coat evenly
- Whisk together eggs and cream and pour over corn mixture
- Stir in Pepper Jack and Marble Jack Cheeses
- Top with Parmesan Cheese
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6
- If using an oven safe casserole slow cooker, you can transfer to oven (450 degrees) for 5 minutes or so at end of cooking time to brown up the cheese on the top
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms® Cheese. The opinions and text are all mine.
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!