The perfect summer meal! With a slightly spicy sauce these Raspberry Chipotle Shrimp can be cooked on the grill or in your favorite pan for a quick weeknight meal.
After an unplanned two week break, Food Truck Friday is back with Raspberry Chipotle Shrimp Skewers! We could also just call it one of the easiest dinners on the planet. My kids adore shrimp and judging by the fact that within about 3 minutes they were fighting over the last piece I’d say this recipe was a huge success. Plus the fact it only took me a few minutes to make! When they eat this well and the work for me is minimal it quickly becomes a meal on regular and frequent rotation at our house. It’s perfect for a light summer dinner or to accompany another main course like some grilled ribeye.
Fire up the outdoor grill or if you don’t have one the indoor grill will work too. Even a grill pan will work just fine here. Just get it all nice and hot and these shrimp will cook up in a matter of about 6-8 minutes.
Skewer the shrimp then brush them lightly with a bit of olive or canola oil and sprinkle a bit of basic BBQ seasoning on them. Whisk together the 3-ingredient sauce. Grill the shrimp, brush with sauce and serve! Couldn’t be easier right?
Serve with additional sauce for dipping if desired and watch the shrimp disappear before your eyes!
This post was originally published on April 27, 2015 and has been update to reflect fresh photos and any updates to the recipe to make it even more delicious!
The perfect summer meal! With a slightly spicy sauce these Raspberry Chipotle Shrimp skewers can be cooked on the grill or in your favorite pan for a quick weeknight meal.
- 12 oz frozen, thawed or fresh peeled and deveined shrimp (large)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon BBQ seasoning
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can of chipotle peppers depending on how spicy you like it!
- Soak 4-6 wooden skewers for at least 10 minutes in water to prevent burning
- Skewer shrimp allowing enough space for each piece to lay fully on the grill
- Brush lightly with oil and sprinkle evenly with seasoning
- In separate bowl whisk together BBQ sauce, raspberry preserves and adobo sauce
- Preheat grill to about 400 - 450 degrees
- Place shrimp on grill for about 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through
- Brush with BBQ sauce blend and let sit on grill for another minute or so on each side to heat through and caramelize
- Remove from grill and serve with remaining BBQ sauce if desired
Do you love quick shrimp meals as much as we do! You are in luck! I’ve got several of my favorite shrimp recipes right here on the blog. Make sure to check them out and Pin them to make later!
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!