I know this is nothing close to a slow cooker recipe, but I go through these phases where I just want to devour a salad every day. And I sort of figured that you guys might like to change things up once in a while too. Especially after taking down the pan of cookie bars from earlier this week. Plus this is a super quick fix kind of dinner so it’s great for a night when you want something fresh and delicious and don’t have a lot of time.
This makes about a dinner sized salad for two. Or you could make up all the components of the salad and keep them ready for lunches all week.The fixings are pretty simple here. Some crisp and fresh romaine lettuce. Sweet corn. Juicy tomatoes. Spicy shrimp and creamy avocado. It’s that easy but so fresh and tasty.
Everything gets topped of with the best, creamiest homemade Zesty Lime Jalapeno Ranch Dressing. An easy, fresh and satisfying dinner for those wanna eat light kinda nights!
- 1/2 pound small peeled deveined and tail-off shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic
- 8 oz heart of romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels thawed
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 small avocado sliced
- 4 tablespoons Homemade Zesty Lime Jalapeno Ranch (or more to taste)
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat
- Add shrimp and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes on each side, cooking until no longer pink
- Add sriracha sauce and continue to saute until fully cooked, about 1-2 more minutes
- Set shrimp aside and let cool
- Chop romaine and divide between two bowls
- Top each half with corn, tomatoes, avocado and cooled shrimp
- Serve with dressing as desired
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!