This simple Mexican Corn on the Cob with Sriracha and Cilantro is the perfect simple side dish to go with all your favorite Food Truck Friday main dish creations!
Let’s keep our Food Truck Friday edition rolling with another tasty must-have creation, Mexican Corn on the Cob with Sriracha! Now, keep in mind, this is just my own take on making a traditional dish, simplifying so that we can all enjoy it even on the busiest of days, and if made on the grill, can be enjoyed in minutes! We simply grill or even slow cook the corn, if you have more time, then add our toppings.
This is an easy side dish that pairs well with:
- anything else you can dream up for your make-at-home Food Truck Friday menu
Like I said, we start out with just the basics, a little fresh sweet corn along with a bit of butter or oil all wrapped up in some foil for ease of cooking. Toss on the grill if you’ve got something going on there already, or, you can even put in the slow cooker for a few hours. Just a tad of seasoning and that’s all it takes to get started.
Once the corn is done to a crisp tender, pull it off, and finish it off with your choice of additional toppings. Some fresh grated parmesan and chopped cilantro with a squeeze of lime juice always pair well with sweet corn, especially for a summer treat. If you are feeling adventurous you could add cotija cheese instead.
I then like to take it up just a notch and add some Sriracha for a bit of a spicy kick. We eat a version of this at least once a week around here, it just goes so well with just about any summer dinner and is so simple to make!
Mexican Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears of sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Clean ears of corn and place on large piece of foil
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter and sprinkle evenly with chili powder
- Wrap tightly and place on grill preheated to 450 degrees
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until crisp tender
- Remove and unwrap corn
- Sprinkle with cheese, a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a drizzle of Sriracha, as desired
- Garnished with fresh chopped cilantro
This corn on the cob pairs perfectly with our other Food Truck Friday creations like:
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!