Hopefully you’ve already checked out Amy’s gift guide from yesterday!
Finding the perfect gift can be so stressful, but I’m here to help! As a food blogger, I’ve spoiled myself a bit over the years trying out different kitchen appliances and gadgets and I feel pretty confident that I can give you some recommendations that the home chef in your life will love! Let’s face it, cooking is a lot more fun when you have the right tools that also help to make it easier. While I obviously love to cook (I mean, I created a job out of it), I’m also just like you and my time is always limited, so I’m constantly looking for just the right item that will save me time during prep work and during cooking and even more so, I like things that make for easy clean-up.
So, if you are looking for the right gift or even if you want to treat yourself to something that will make your life easier (or just more fun!) here is my list of the top ten kitchen items I wouldn’t want to live without.
- KitchenAid Multi-Cooker – don’t get me wrong, I have so many slow cookers I love, but this one truly takes the cake! It will do everything from making risotto, to searing, to boiling, I even use it to make my mashed potatoes! Get the stir tower and you may never use your stove again!
- Ninja Express Chop – some gadgets like this require so much work to clean up that’s it’s hardly worth the time savings on the chopping, but this one is easy all around. I use it all the time to chop up onions, garlic, peppers, etc. and it just pops right in the dishwasher!
- KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer – I realized Amy shared this yesterday as one of her favorites but this is one place where we overlap. She’s had her’s for some time and I’ve only had mine a few months but already use it several times a week. Yes, it’s a bit of an investment but it does SO much. Besides the obvious like mixing batters you can use various attachments to shred cheese, slice veggies, grind meat and my next adventure will be to make pasta!
- Lemon Squeezer – sounds silly, but I love this! I mean, who really wants to get citrus juice all over their hands? This gets all that juice out and into your recipe, and there are so many foods that taste so much better with a little lemon or lime.
- OXO Good Grips Tongs – I’m actually considering buying a second and maybe even a third pair. I use these pretty much every time I cook and am always disappointed when they are in the dishwasher. What can’t you use tongs for?
- Lodge Cast Iron Drop Biscuit Pan – pretty much the coolest thing ever! I love to make soups and what goes perfectly with soup? That’s right, biscuits! But who want to roll out and cut biscuits when you can make a super quick drop biscuit dough, pop it in this pan and nobody will be the wiser!
- Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Savers – who has time to keep running back to the grocery store for fresh produce? Get what you need for the week and store it in these! I love them! Chopped lettuce, herbs, even half used apples stay fresh forever in these things.
- Cuisinart 3 1/2 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker – my first favorite slow cooker that I used everyday until it was accidentally dropped and broken. Such a sad day. This one is perfect for most families and great for those that are away from home all day because you can set the cooking time and then it automatically switches to warm.
- Crock-Pot 3 1/2 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker – I know, this is the third slow cooker I’m sharing with you but this one is different. If you like casseroles, this one is amazing. You may never turn your oven on again. Check out all the different things you can make in it in this post I did a while back.
- Chicago Cutlery 3-Piece Knife Set – everyone needs some good all purpose knives and these are what I use. Affordable, easy to maintain and work great!
So, what do you think? Did this list help you check any items off your holiday shopping list? Let us know if you found this series helpful. We always love hearing your feedback!
Don’t forget to check out Part 1 of the series!
Please note this post contains affiliate links. Slow Cooker Gourmet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!