So I totally should have shared this earlier in the summer when we first made it since many of you are winding down on grilling season and gearing up for slow cooker season. But I’m going to sneak this one in here because it’s too delicious and too easy not to share. I love salmon and have prepared it many different ways but this was by far my favorite and probably about the easiest. If you are trying to eat more fish but think you may not love it, I hope you will give this recipe a try! There wasn’t a bite left in our house, everyone loved it.
If you didn’t want to grill this I think broiling would be another good option. I prefer the grill since cooking fish inside can kinda stink up the house a bit.
We are actually still using our tailgate grill since our trusty old gas grill bit the dust (or in other words, completely rusted out and had so many things falling apart we had to finally put it to rest) so if anyone has any good suggestions on where to get a nice grill at a good price I’m all ears! Seems like this might be a good time of year to find one on clearance?
Either way, the salmon takes minimal prep and just a few minutes on the grill. Then you can whip up the sauce in no time and get an awesome dinner on the table. My Super Simple Asparagus makes a great side and can be easily done on the grill too!
- 1 pound fresh salmon (or frozen and thawed sockeye salmon filets)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 1/2 cup seedless black raspberry preserves no sugar added
- Preheat grill to medium high heat
- Brush filets with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning and parsley
- Grill for 4-6 minutes on each side (more or less depending on how thick, this is for 1/2 inch) until fully cooked to 140 degrees
- Fish should flake easily with fork and skin should be crispy and easily removed from filet
- Heat oil in skillet and add shallots and garlic
- Saute for 3-4 minutes until slightly softened and lightly browned
- Add mustard and raspberry preserves and whisk until heated through
- Serve fish topped drizzled with sauce
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!