I’m guessing there are a few of us out there that tend to shy away from grilled chicken breasts thinking either A. they are boring, B. they are dry or C. both of these options. But in yet again another of my pledges to eat a bit healthier (not to mention the fact it’s been ages since I’ve even tried) I decided to give it another go and and ended up with some pretty tasty and nice and juicy chicken. Partly by accident, but, you know, it all worked out! You see, I popped these chicken breasts in the marinade intending to let them sit for about an hour before I grilled them. 45 minutes later the tornado sirens were going off and long story short we ended up getting take-out a couple hours later instead when all was said and done! I grilled the chicken the next day for lunch and it came out perfectly with the extra time to marinate!
Now if you read this blog much you may realize I’m a sucker for citrus. The mustard citrus combo in this sauce works really well! I found some Sweet Baby Rays Sweet Golden Mustard BBQ sauce and I love it! It’s probably far from an authentic Kansas City style but, hey, you gotta try new things sometimes.
We finally had to pitch our outdoor grill after many years and much use. We haven’t settled on a decision for a new one just yet so we end up either using our travel grill or indoor grill and both of those work so well I’m not sure if we will even get a new “big” one any time soon.
I made this on the indoor grill and since you can close the lid it’s like a double grill and everything cooks in half the time! I can’t complain about that, especially since it cooks so well!
Any way you want to make it, this chicken is a perfect summer night meal! Not to mention it makes great leftovers!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (no sugar added preferred)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup mustard BBQ sauce (like Sweet Baby Rays Sweet Golden Mustard sauce)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- salt and pepper if desired
- Place chicken breasts in gallon side zippered bag
- In small bowl or measuring cup whisk together all remaining ingredients
- Pour over chicken in bag and seal
- Place in fridge and let marinate at least 2-3 hours or overnight
- Preheat grill to around 375 - 400 degrees
- Spray grates with non-stick spray if desired
- Remove chicken from marinade and cook for 7-9 minutes on each side or until cooked through
- Discard leftover marinade
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!