I want to share with you all another quick and easy dinner that you can have on the table in about 30 minutes. Because we all know that as well as we try to plan there are always days where we walk in the door with hungry kids or hungry spouses or hungry selves and wonder what in the world we are going to feed everyone! Meals like this are important to have in your hip pocket. You can have a delicious and wholesome meal ready that will impress the whole family with very little effort!
With a couple boxes of Horizon Classic Mac and a few other simple ingredients you can make an amazing dinner! I added some thin sliced carrots and some already cooked rotisserie chicken for a complete dinner in one dish!
You will prep the mac and cheese just like it says on the box. Then just mix in the carrots and chicken and put it all in a casserole dish. Top it all of with a little extra cheese (because who doesn’t love extra cheese!), some bread crumbs and a little melted butter. Let the top get all brown and crispy delicious in the oven and then top it all of with just a little drizzle of ranch dressing and buffalo sauce.
This is a great meal for adult taste buds and for adventurous little eaters! With the smallest hint of spice and plenty of creamy cheese and just the right amount of tangy ranch dressing this meal will please all! My family gobbled this down in no time and asked right away when we could have it again. That’s a win!
For lots more super easy and super amazing meals like this be sure to check out the MAC-N-NATOR Pinterest Board from Horizon Organic!
- 12 ounces Horizon Classic Mac (2 boxes)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter (2 of which should be melted)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (or leftover cooked chicken)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons bottled ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray
- Cook macaroni according to package directions
- Drain and return to pan
- Mix in 4 tablespoons butter and 1/2 cup milk stirring until smooth
- Mix in carrots and chicken until evenly combined
- Place in casserole dish
- Sprinkle evenly with shredded cheese and then bread crumbs
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- Place in oven and cook for 10-12 minutes until top is lightly browned and crispy
- Remove from oven and drizzle with desired amount of ranch and buffalo sauce
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!