Welcome! I’m so glad you are here!
My name is Jennifer and I started this blog back in 2013 as a way to share my passion for creating beautiful and delicious food that is simple for anyone to prepare. Like many of you, my life can be hectic. But I believe in real food and home cooked meals. I found a way to use my slow cooker to create the kind of gourmet style recipes that I wanted to using wholesome real food ingredients. Everyone deserves amazing meals and my goal is to create approachable and realistic recipes that you can be proud to serve to your family and friends.
A few things about me:
- I can’t stand broccoli, so it’s unlikely you will ever see any recipes here that include it!
- I believe in a balanced approach to healthy eating. Wholesome food, real ingredients, and everything in moderation.
- I love coffee and drink about 3 cups a day. This may also have something to do with the fact that I have crazy friends (me included) and we often get up at 5am to go running or workout a few days a week 🙂
- I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, so the majority of the recipes you’ll see here tend to be savory.
- I believe whole-heartedly in meal planning and I also love to cook for crowds and to entertain. Check out my other website, Garnished Plate, for lots of recipes, tips, entertaining ideas and meal plans.
As I’ve quickly learned, managing two websites is a lot of work, and I can’t do it alone! My husband, Shawn, manages all of the website development and technical aspects and my kids are the taste testers and recipe critics. And most recently, I’m joined by Amy, who is a virtual assistant that helps me with social media, round-up posts, recipe testing for the Garnished Plate Meal Plan and so much more!! She also happens to be my neighbor and a great friend, so make sure when you see her contributing posts here, you leave her a comment to say hello or ask a question!
Have questions! Make sure to send me a message, leave me a comment or find me on social media! Make one of my recipes? Snap a photo and tag me with #slowcookergourmet!
Headshot photos and much of the food photo editing are done by the very talented Jane from Visions by Jane Photography!
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!