Welcome! I’m so glad you are here!
My name is Jennifer and I started this blog back in 2013 as a way to share my passion for creating beautiful and delicious food that is simple for anyone to prepare. Like many of you, my life can be hectic. But I believe in real food and home cooked meals. I found a way to use my slow cooker to create the kind of gourmet style recipes that I wanted to using wholesome real food ingredients. Everyone deserves amazing meals and my goal is to create approachable and realistic recipes that you can be proud to serve to your family and friends.
A few things about me:
- I can’t stand broccoli, so it’s unlikely you will ever see any recipes here that include it!
- I believe in a balanced approach to healthy eating. Wholesome food, real ingredients, and everything in moderation.
- I love coffee and drink about 3 cups a day. This may also have something to do with the fact that I have crazy friends (me included) and we often get up at 5am to go running or workout a few days a week 🙂
- I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, so the majority of the recipes you’ll see here tend to be savory.
- I believe whole-heartedly in meal planning and I also love to cook for crowds and to entertain. Check out my other website, Garnished Plate, for lots of recipes, tips, entertaining ideas and meal plans.
I also have a huge passion for helping other create the business of their dreams! Need help with your food photography? I’m your girl! Check out my portfolio website.
Thinking of an creating your own blog but not sure where to start? Come find me at Spark Media Concepts, where we help others make their dreams come true!!
Have questions! Make sure to send me a message, leave me a comment or find me on social media! Make one of my recipes? Snap a photo and tag me with #slowcookergourmet!
Photo credit to Rebecca Peters Photography!