What’s the perfect side to go along with just about any BBQ dish? Pasta salad, of course!! And with summer in full swing I’m gonna bet a lot of you all have all kinds of BBQ flavors going on! Of course, there’s probably about a billion different variations of pasta salad out there but I’m just gonna throw my hat in the ring and add my very summer-centric salad in in case you are looking for something little different and totally fresh!
Yep, all kinds of fresh summer fruit gets combined with tender noodles and fresh herbs. Plus? Goat cheese! Can you have a proper pasta salad without cheese? Well, probably, but not at our house where we happen to be cheese-a-holics!
You want to make this up and let it sit for at least a bit (an hour or two) to let the flavors combine. Perfect to make in the morning and take along to and afternoon party!
Add any perfectly ripe summer fruits you love here and make it all your own. Not to mention mixing up the herbs to any combo you love and may have growing fresh in your garden. The perfect kitchen sink type recipe for your abundance of summer fruit and herbs!
- 12 oz bow-tie pasta
- 4 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 2 fresh peaches, peeled and diced
- 2 fresh nectarines, peeled and diced
- 2 fresh plums, peeled and diced
- 5 or 6 basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (stems removed)
- 1 teaspoon finely diced red onions (I used freeze dried as a time saver)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions and then cool slightly
- Add to a large bowl
- Add in all remaining ingredients and toss
- Refrigerate at least 1-2 hours to let flavors combine
- Serve as a side to your favorite dish or even as a cool summer meal