Ummmmm, yeah. So that name is a mouthful…say it three times fast!! Regardless, if you like sweet potatoes then you need to give this a try! We ate this when hubbie was working late the other night. The kids and I each had two bowls. Yum!! We ate until we were stuffed. Then we topped it all off by eating the leftover marshmallows from the Chocolate Cherry Fondue for dessert!
Chili is awesome because you can customize it for your families preferences. I left out the beans since my daughter isn’t a fan. If I would have remember to pick up zucchini at the store I would have diced it up and added it here. I even briefly considered sneaking in some brussels sprouts but didn’t think I could sneak that past them.
I love it that it’s “chili season” and I love the fact that the possibilities are endless. This was fun because it was a whole meal in the bowl. I didn’t feel the need to make any extra sides. Just make sure you have lots of sour cream and cheese ready to top it all off!
- 1 pound ground turkey, browned (pull from your freezer stash if you have it!)
- ½ small yellow onion, diced
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes (I used chili ready flavor)
- 1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
- ¾ cup frozen corn kernels
- 2-3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro (optional)
- 20 oz bag sweet potato puffs/tots
- Place all ingredients except for tots in your crock pot
- Give them all a stir to combine and mix all the spices
- Place the sweet potato tots carefully over the top
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4
- Prop lid of crock open for the last 30 minutes to let some of the moisture from the tots escape