If you are looking for a crockpot recipe that you can leave to cook for the day while you are at work (or really any other other places you might need to be that is going to keep you away from home) then you’ve come to the right place! I can’t think of many more family friendly and complete meals then a crockpot full of cheesy tortellini and tasty mini meatballs all covered in a creamy delicious tomato sauce!!
You can easily make up the meatballs the night before. Then dump everything in the crock as you are running out the door in the morning. The cream and the noodles get added in the last 30-45 minutes so you can just add them when you walk in the door! You have time to change and walk the dog and then boom!! Dinner is ready!!!
Serve it up with a crispy salad or slice up some french bread and load it up with some butter (just cause I really love butter). Easy!!! The kids loved this even more than spaghetti and I loved that once dinner was over we just had the one crock to clean. Win, Win!!
Get this going in your crock this week and you can come home out of the freezing cold and blowing snow and cozy on up to a warm bowl of pasta and meatballs. What could be better?!?
- For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound ground turkey (or lean ground beef)
- ½ cup oats
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- For the sauce:
- 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup heavy cream (for later)
- 8-10 oz dried tortellini noodles (for later)
- Parmesan cheese to top - optional
- Mix meatball ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Form into tiny balls (bouncy ball size) and place all across bottom of crock
- Carefully add spaghetti sauce and tomatoes
- Do not stir! - Place the lid on the crock and cook on low for about 8 hours or high for about 4 until meat is fully cooked
- Turn the crock back to high and add the noodles and cream - let cook for about 30-45 minutes until noodles are done
- Give it all a little stir and serve with Parmesan cheese if desired