I’m thinking of the aftermath. You know. Of the big game. No, not about who won or lost or about how successful any of the commercials were. No,this is about how we are all going to feel after we stuff ourselves full of all the amazing chili and nachos and dips. Ohhh, the dips! Yeah, I think you know what I’m saying. Monday you need to make this. Slow Cooker Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Vegetables. It will totally balance out all that dip. Oh, and it’s also delicious.
I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs in this recipe. Personally I think they have a lot more flavor and don’t dry out quite as easily as chicken breasts but really I think you could try it either way. You can so easily mix up the veggies you decide to use here. Just make sure you use veggies that can stand up to a day in the crockpot or make sure that things like zucchini are cut into larger chunks.
The whole family loved this for dinner and I loved the leftovers for lunch for several days! It had tons of lemony herby flavor and the chicken was juicy and the potatoes crisp! We had this by itself since it was a main dish and sides all in one. You could also serve it up with some crusty bread or a green salad. Either way….. it’s a delicious way to eat a healthy, veggie packed meal!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 oz portobello mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, cut into large chunks
- 6-8 pearl onions, peeled (or 1 small onion cut into chunks)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Place all ingredients in crock with fresh rosemary on top
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender