Ohhhh, I’m going to be such a bad influence right now. I mean, if you are trying to eat super healthy or stick to light salads for dinner you might want to look away. Except don’t! Because we all need a little cheat now and then, right? And this one is totally (and I mean TOTALLY) worth the splurge. Delicious, rich, cheesy, creamy and just the right amount of spicy…. Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Pasta. In the slow cooker. Like every step of this recipe completed in the slow cooker. Have I convinced you yet?
I don’t indulge in pasta any too often. And when I do I usually eat a small helping and have lots of veggies or a side salad. Not here. No. I stuffed myself full of this yummy, gooey, cheesy pasta. And then started getting super pumped about the idea of sharing it with all of you!
I’m a huge fan of anything buffalo chicken. I’ve mentioned once or twice (or a bazillion times) that it’s only been in the last year or two that I discovered the wonderful spicy flavor and now I can’t seem to stop myself. I hope you don’t mind. I think I could eat it every day. I’ve found a couple of favorite sauces and still have lots of ideas for using them for dinners.
This recipe will make a bit ‘ole pot of pasta. Like enough to serve at least six people. Unless you invite me to dinner. In which case I’ll race you for seconds. I’m not feeding six people at my house and in fact I only fed three with this meal. My three year old is not a fan of buffalo sauce. Yet. She ate microwaved mac and cheese and I only felt a little guilty. I know what I’m having for lunch! If you want to heat some of this up for leftover just add a little splash of water or broth and it will be like the first time you ate it all over again.
Just a little note on how this will all go down. You will cook everything but the pasta. Then in the last 30-60 minutes you will add the noodles. Try to be around at this point so you can walk by and give it a stir every now and then. Your noodles will cook evenly and you will be glad you gave your arm a little workout. Every time I’ve made pasta this way in the crockpot my noodles were perfectly done in exactly 45 minutes.
Need a slow cooker to use for this recipe? Here is the one I bought and have been using all year and love! Perfect for chili or meat or most any recipe and comes in several sizes. I use the 4 quart for most of my meals.
Slow Cooker Gourmet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you purchase a product through this link I will earn a small commission. As always, I only recommend products I use and love!
- 1 to 1½ pound boneless skinless chicken
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce (1/4 cup now, ¼ cup later)
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix (dried packet kind)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch + 1 tablespoon water
- 16 oz linguine noodles
- Chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Place chicken, broth, ¼ cup buffalo sauce, and seasonings in crock
- Top with cream cheese and shredded cheese
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8
- When chicken is fully cooked remove to separate bowl and shred with two forks
- Add remaining ¼ cup buffalo sauce to chicken and toss to coat
- Set aside chicken
- Whisk together corn starch and water and add to crock
- Use a whisk and stir until cheese and cream cheese is all combined and smooth
- Break noodles in half and place in crock
- Top with chicken and cover
- Turn crock on high for 30-60 minutes until noodles are fully cooked, stir 3-4 times during cooking
- If noodles are not done you can add extra broth or water ¼ cup at a time
- Garnish with cilantro if desired and serve immediately
How about more pasta recipes made entirely in the crock? Like Slow Cooker Creamy Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti:
Or family friendly Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese with Garlic Chicken: