GAME DAY!!!! Yep, it’s the biggest game of the year for my Wildcats but I will be watching it from home. No desire to drag the kiddos halfway across the state on a school night only to get home way past midnight. I know, where is my sense of adventure, right? I’m really not just a fair weather fan, I promise. There just happens to be a limit to my desire to deal with cranky kids and this is it. But please, don’t worry about me one bit because I will be at home with all the slow cookers going and stuffing my face during the entire game without having to shell out $27 for one hot dog! On the menu? This Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip for sure!!!
I will leave it to Shawn to journey on to the game. He can yell loud enough for all of us and I know he will have a great time! Maybe I will even be nice and save a little of the dip for when he gets home in case he is hungry!
If you are like me and love the stuff then I think this is the dip for you! It’s easy and it’s tasty! No need to plan out when to have it ready or how to keep it hot like a lot of the oven baked recipes, just throw it in the slow cooker and done!
- 1 pound thin sliced chicken breasts
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 tablespoon homemade ranch seasoning blend
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Unsalted tortilla chips for serving
- Place chicken, broth, sauce and ranch seasoning in crock
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 5-7 until chicken is fully cooked
- Using two forks shred the chicken and return to crock
- Add softened cream cheese and shredded cheddar
- Cover again and let continue to heat until cheese is fully melted (about 30 minutes)
- Stir until smooth and serve with chips or as desired