Fall off the bone tender ribs with the best flavor in town! No need to head out to a BBQ joint, just fire up the slow cooker instead!I don’t make ribs often enough! They are my son’s favorite meal, for one thing, which means I should be cooking them up much more often! Not to mention how easy they really are. Even the toughest cuts like these back ribs come out super tender in the crock. And the flavor options? Practically endless.
This is just a spin off the meatballs I made a couple of weeks ago (that actually all started with the best hamburgers ever-I need to share that one with you too!). With a few basic ingredients and flavor combos you can make so many different meals! Just find some of your favorites! I’m totally hooked on the whole fruit and BBQ thing right now.
I’m know I’m going to make these again but next time I’m going to use short ribs. These were so delicious but back ribs have so little meat that it was a lot of work to eat and we just kept wanting more!
We may just have to declare this the summer of ribs at our house. Try out every crazy flavor combo we can think of. And the best part? I can make enough for the whole family at home for probably less than what I’d pay for just my son’s plate at our favorite restaurant. The perfect, cook all day, summer meal!
- 2 pounds beef ribs (I used back ribs)
- 1 teaspoon all purpose BBQ seasoning blend
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (homemade or bottled)
- ½ cup blueberry preserves (no sugar added)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers
- Season ribs with bbq rub and place in slow cooker
- Whisk together BBQ sauce, blueberry preserves and adobo sauce
- Pour half of sauce over ribs in slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours
- Drizzle or toss with additional sauce and serve
Back ribs don't typically have a lot of meat so another choice for more meat would be short ribs or boneless country style ribs