We could also just call it one of the easiest dinners on the planet. My kids adore shrimp and judging by the fact that within about 3 minutes they were fighting over the last piece I’d say this recipe was a huge success. Plus the fact it only took me a few minutes to make! When they eat this well and the work for me is minimal it quickly becomes a meal on regular and frequent rotation at our house.
Fire up the outdoor grill or if you have one the indoor grill. Even a grill pan will work just fine here. Just get it all nice and hot and these shrimp will cook up in a matter of about 6-8 minutes.
Skewer the shrimp then brush them lightly with a bit of olive or canola oil and sprinkle a bit of basic BBQ seasoning on them. Whisk together the 3-ingredient sauce. Grill the shrimp, brush with sauce and serve! Couldn’t be easier right?
- 12 oz large (frozen, thawed or fresh) peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon BBQ seasoning
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup seedless raspberry preserves
- ½ - 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can of chipotle peppers (depending on how spicy you like it!)
- Soak 4-6 wooden skewers for at least 10 minutes in water to prevent burning
- Skewer shrimp allowing enough space for each piece to lay fully on the grill
- Brush lightly with oil and sprinkle evenly with seasoning
- In separate bowl whisk together BBQ sauce, raspberry preserves and adobo sauce
- Preheat grill to about 400 - 450 degrees
- Place shrimp on grill for about 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through
- Brush with BBQ sauce blend and let sit on grill for another minute or so on each side to heat through and caramelize
- Remove from grill and serve with remaining BBQ sauce if desired